Sunday, March 8, 2015

Wavy Hair Tutorial


Recently I've been doing my hair like this and people have been asking me how I get it to look this way, so I figured I would share it with everyone.


Products you'll need:
Medium sized curling iron or wand with an equal width rod 
Flexible hold hairspray
Sea salt spray

Tip: This hairstyle usually works better on dirtier hair.



Step 1:
You'll want to do your hair in sections so that you get every piece.  I usually start with the bottom layer and work my way up.  Grab smaller pieces of hair and wrap around the curling iron curling away from your face…DO NOT CLAMP IT IN. When you wrap the hair you create more loose curls.  I usually hold it there for about 8 seconds.  
Tip: Do not wrap the whole piece of hair around the iron, leave a little bit at the end straight to make it look more natural.



Step 2:
Once you get to the very top layer of your hair, start curling smaller pieces of hair to give it a more wavy look.  When doing your bangs make sure you ALWAYS curl away from your face so the curls frame your face nicely.

Step 3:
Once you've curled your whole head, tousle the curls with your hands a little.  Then spray in some sea salt spray and slightly scrunch your hair.  Finally spray some hairspray all over and you're done!!



4 comments:

  1. I love the color of your hair and how it turns out when you curl it like that !!! Sometimes I wish I had that hair color hahaha but I am a little bit too scare to do it.
    I have a fashion blog !
    xx
    Rafaella Nicoletti
    http://www.TheStyleStash.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankss! I know its a drastic color but I did it in steps so it wasn't that bad! You should try it :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I so wish I had the guts to make my hair that colour I love it. You look fantastic. Great blog by the way I really enjoy reading it!
    www.justlittleellen.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete