Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Updated: How to get Silver Hair


So I know I've already done a post on how to get silver hair, but now since I'm a little more experienced I thought I'd let you know an easier way to get it.

The only bad news about this way is that you HAVE to have either bleach blonde hair or super light hair for this to work & to get the best results.

I only used one product and it is the Roux Fanci-Full Temporary Hair Color Rinse in the shade Silver Lining #42.  I got it at Sally's Beauty Supply.  I honestly think this stuff is what old ladies use to get they're hair a brighter silver…. but oh well… whatever.

You're going to find the way to apply it odd, but bare with me, it really works.
Step 1: Wash & condition your hair as normal, then towel dry and comb it.
Step 2: Squeeze a good amount of the product in a container and have a hair color brush ready.
Step 3: Section off your hair and start with the bottom.  Apply the color from roots to end with the brush. The good thing about it is that it doesn't dye your hands very much so don't be afraid to touch it. (I wasn't too precise with how I applied it because I'm so lazy, but it still looked fine… I think)
Step 4: Keep sectioning off and applying the dye.
Step 5: Dry your hair and boom, you now look like you have grayed pre-maturley.

I know this is only a temporary hair dye but it is SO much better than the long process of toning it.

Hope this helps you out!

…. 

Also, I've been thinking about linking some video tutorials to blog posts… I'm a bit apprehensive about starting a YouTube channel but let me know what ya think in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment