Saturday, December 20, 2014

Pastel Hair

Try something new.

I know it's a little different, but lately I have been loving the pastel hair craze.
I decided to have some pastel color put in my hair, and 
I have become obsessed. I went for the lavender color 
because I feel it suited my skin tone the best.


Right now, I have the permanent lavander color, but there are some other 
options & colors you can choose from to achieve this look.
Here's some other color ideas.
Note: I do not own the pictures below only
using them for examples.

Blue

Silver

Rose

Green

Lavender

Before I permanently died my hair, I tried out a semi-permanent dye 
on the blonde pieces of my hair just to test out the color.  I used
Ion Color Brilliance Bright Semi-Permaent Hair Color from 
Sally's Beauty Supply for around $6.00.  I loved the effect this
dye had on my hair.  I learned that the longer you keep the dye on
the more vibrant the color is.  This brand has a wide range of
pastel colors to try out.  Always read the directions before applying!


Hair chalk is another simple way to achieve this look
 without permanently dying your hair.  Unfortunately, pastel
hair colors show more on blonde or lighter color hair.
I tried out hair chalk by Splat and I liked the outcome.
I purchased the hair chalk from Target for about $6.00. 
If you plan on doing your whole head (and have thick hair like me)
 you might only get one use out of it.  The Splat hair chalk comes in 
a variety of colors. It only lasts for a little while so I recommend you do it right
after you have washed your hair so you can have it one or two days.  
Keep a towel handy because it can get a little messy!


If you want to try it out, I get my hair done by 
Alyssa at Deanne's Hair & Spa in Mentor, Ohio



No comments:

Post a Comment